The spirit at the Paradox of Fiction international film festival is that of celebration and of community. To award excellence and focus attention on works of quality and of promise.
As we participate in this evolution of cinema and the immersive storytelling of visual media, we are happy to have you as part of this confluence. As different minds merge – who knows what will emerge.
Our rules are fairly simple. Once you submit the films into competition in the Paradox of Fiction International Film Festival, you are agreeing to the following terms.
- All films will need to be subtitled. For non-English films, please have the subtitles in English. Preferably transliterated. If the film is without subtitles, please understand that it might be disqualified.
- We love watching your films. But once you have submitted a film, please do not resubmit it.
- However, you are most welcome to submit a different films in the same month.
- You are also welcome to submit the same film in multiple categories – as long as it fits in the said category.
- If we love your film, we might use parts of it as a trailer to promote it to the audience. But of course this would only be to showcase the festival.
- We will be screening your film in the festival. By submitting the film to the competition, you are authorising PoFIFF for screening your submitted film in the festival.
- Typically all submissions are welcome. However there might be times when it’s not so. And PoFIFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the PoFIFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
- Please do make sure that you upload the film in the right category. PoFIFF will not refund any fees if you fail to submit in the right category.
- If your film is selected, we will let you know and also update the festival website with your appropriate details.
- Do understand that an official selection means that the movie is nominated. Which means you can now use our festival logo on your movie poster.
- All nominated movies will then be privately screened to our judging panel / jury at PoFIFF. They will then determine the “Best” in each of the category.
- “Best” films will receive brag rights and certificate.
- Perchance you decide to withdraw, we would not return the submission fee, and entry fees are non-refundable.
- Please send us an official trailer, a poster, a synopsis and a link to your film. Once again – make sure your film is tagged to the right category.
- Before submission, please do check back on the rules and regulation in case they change.